Congratulations on your new tattoo!
Now relax & do nothing
When you get home remove the protective layer of oitment with a disposable clean paper towel or gauze with lukewarm water.
Keep dry for 2 days, we recommend bathing instead of showers.
We recommend washing the tattooed area gently 2-3 times a day with lukewarm water and a disposable paper towel or gauze. Apply a THIN layer of the moisturizing cream for 2 weeks when dry. Keep it out of the sun throughout the healing process. Do not apply ANY cosmetics in this area and avoid sweating for AT LEAST 10-14 days. Keep the area clean and let it breathe!
PLEASE DO NOT
During the healing process
- Application of any brow makeup for 2 weeks.
- Scratching or removal of scabs, dry skin/flakiness.
- Direct water on the brow tattoo and the use of cleansers, soaps and heavy creams. Wash around the areas using a cleaning cloth or oil-free makeup wipe.
- Vaseline, Neosporin and any other petroleum based products.
- Activities that will cause sweating for 10 days.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 14 days.
- UV exposure (including tanning booths).
- Laser light therapy, as it can darken/lighten or distort the pigment.
- Exfoliants, retinol acids or AHA’s on the area for 30 days after the appointment (causes premature fading).
- Massages, facials or skin treatments.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
you did really just get a tattoo
( I know it's hard to believe!)
Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place.
During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6-8 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
FOR BEST RESULTS
- Semi-Permanent tattoos normally last 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, skin type, aftercare & method.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discolouration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) on brow area.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the brows, as it will cause fading.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL). Some lasers may change the colour of the ink.
- Additional brow makeup application may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look.
- Yearly touchups are recommended to maintain your results.