Faq's for brows
Semi-permanent brow tattoos are created by using the delicate process of hand drawing small tattoo strokes to mimic natural hairs. The results leave you with defined or natural brows to enhance your unique face shape.
Also known as Microblading or Feather-stroke brows, we achieve your desired look by implanting colour micro-pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of a tiny, sterile, disposable needle.
Whether your brows are sparse and uneven, or you’re looking for a low-maintenance, polished appearance, brow tattooing can enhance your current arches.
- The look of full and even brows
- Sweat and waterproof
- Camouflages sparse areas for a natural look
- Hides scars
Semi-permanent, which allows adjustment to your brow shape as you age or as beauty trends change
WILL MICROBLADING WORK FOR ME?
- If you have extremely oily skin, the hair stroke eyebrow technique will NOT work AS WELL for you. The constant production of oil will cause the hair strokes to heal with a diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdery than defined.
- If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more two-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
- Stop using skin thinners (vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, fish ou Niacin) 48 hours before your procedure, to avoid excess bleeding
- Avoid sun/ tanning bed exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the tattoo pigment with it
- Some cosmetic procedures should be completed prior to your brow tattoo:
o Brow waxing/shaping (2 days in advance)
o Cosmetic botox/fillers (2 weeks in advance)
Is it painful?
To ensure maximum comfort during the procedure we use a topical numbing with 5% lidocaine prior and during your procedure. Since pain tolerance and sensitivity varies individually, we can’t say exactly how it will feel for you. The procedure uses a smaller needle than traditional tattooing and should hurt significantly less. Clients have related the procedure with eyebrow threading, plucking multiple hairs at once or a light scratching of the skin.
You may experience more sensitivity if the procedure is performed during or near your menstrual cycle.
HOW WILL MY COSMETIC TATTOO LOOK IN THE FUTURE?
The majority of our clients' tattoos stay true to colour and lighten naturally over time.
However, in some cases colours may fade to different tones according to the individual’s response to the pigments.
Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually look softer and have more of a "powdered" look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your hair strokes looking good, a refresher appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years. Results vary with each client.